|Want to be an editor? Join the SRK Wiki Discord and read #server-and-wiki-info.|
JP:February 25, 1995
JP:February 21st, 1995
JP: May 3, 1996
EU: April 30, 1996
JP:November 22, 1995
NA:July 3, 1996
JP: Match 28th, 2007
NA:December 14th, 2010
PAL:January 11, 2012
|Wii Virtual Console|
JP: March 23, 2010
US:February 28th, 2019
AS: April 6, 2017
Galaxy Fight: Universal Warriors is a 2D fighting game originally released by Sunsoft in 1995. It features a neat pixel art style and a cast of 8 playable characters. The most immediately notable gameplay features are infinite stages (meaning no corners) and a bonkers Guard Cancel system, allowing you to execute dashes and specials while blocking. Galaxy Fight offers a 4 button scheme similar to other SNK games, but only 3 of them are used to attack, the 4 button is a taunt, it can be seem as the prequel to Waku Waku 7 but other than that and characters like Bonus Kun this 2 games are rather different, being Galaxy Fight a more old school aproach with no Super bar.
There are three normal attack buttons and a taunt button.
- While close to an opponent, or + // button (depending on character; usually B or C).
- Throws are instant.
- If both players throw at the same time, the winner will be randomly selected.
- Some characters can also air-throw.
- . The character will keep dashing until you stop.
- You can stop dashing by inputting or by doing any attack. Doing a weak attack is a common way to stop dashing, as it keeps some of the dash momentum.
- Attacks done while dashing deal 50% more damage.
- Medium and Strong normal attacks while dashing deal chip damage.
- Some dash attacks may also cause a huge blowback to the opponent when hit, during which your character will automatically auto-chase. Some dash attacks need to hit multiple times for this to occur.
- While blocking, you can Guard Cancel to either dash OR a special move.
- Special moves lose their invincibility (if any) when Guard Cancelled to.
- Back Dashing while guarding is a good way to escape pressure.
- All attacks that are special cancellable, may also be cancelled to either forward- or back dash. This can be used to extend combos or pressure, or to make attacks safe.