|Want to be an editor? Join the SRK Wiki Discord and read #server-and-wiki-info.|
Ideal Team Position: Anchor
Hugo is a tall and sluggish grappler. Because of this, Hugo excels in one main area: his remarkable damage output. Hugo's tricky pokes and claps can make it difficult for the opponent to find an opening to attack, and if they make one slip up, they'll be taking a boat load of damage. Due to him being a grappler, he has a very hard time getting in, with bad movement options and only a few solid pokes. That's why its best to have him as an anchor, so his opponent can deal with getting in so Hugo can bombard the opponent with his insane damage.
- Has some of the highest damage output in the game, with his super dealing the highest damage in the game.
- Claps are all safe on block and lead to a combo on hit.
- Lariat (qcf+k), Hugo's CADC move, has armor while charging and is great to threaten in neutral.
- EX Lariat is a safe tag on block and allows for your partner to get a full jump in combo on hit.
- Command grabs to keep your opponent guessing at point blank.
- Has the biggest hurtbox in the game.
- Slowest walk speed prevents him from closing the gap reliably.
- Light Lariat can't combo from lights, meaning your most meaningful damage route must be done from a medium.
- Although having a command grab is better than not having one, the range on Hugo's SPD and Ultra Throw are beyond awful.
- On top of that, if Hugo does manage to land an SPD, there isn't much he can do to pressure afterwards, as he has no good options for chasing a forward roll without a read.
can be steered with and
Bread and Butters
Hit Confirm Combos
Combos Into Supers