Want to be an editor? Request an account by joining the SRK Wiki Discord and follow the instructions in #server-info
The King of Fighters 2002/Glossary
- Free cancelling: Another word for maxmode cancelling. A free cancellable move, means you can max mode cancel some move into another special move.
- Battery: A character that can build meter quickly and effectively
- Knockdown: A move that knocks the opponent down but gives the opponent an opportunity to recovery roll.
- Hard knockdown: A knockdown move that cannot be recovery rolled. When the opponent falls, there is either a small yellow animation of impact, a large yellow animation (which looks like Angel's qcb + P stomp), or an animation that looks like the character is sliding across the ground. All moves that have the animation that looks like Angel's stomp or the sliding animation are hard knockdowns, although there are some moves that use the other animation and are also hard knockdowns. Those details will be listed in each move's description.
- "Earthquake": the attack causes an effect like a little earthquake (it "shakes" the floor).
The attack will hit anywhere on the screen as long as you are not crouching or off the ground (like jumping). If you are crouching or off the ground, the attack will just miss (don't even need to block if you are crouching). If you are on the ground and not crouching, you will be hit even if you have invincibility (like during AB roll), or is using an autoguard move. The exception is if you are doing a guard cancel roll (??need to confirm, but guard cancel is even immune to throws??). There is a glitch, where an "earthquake" attack is inescapable if it hit on the first frame of the wakeup. If timed correctly it will hit even if opponent is holding up/down as he is waking up (Goro can abuse this glitch from a lot setups...)
- "Anywhere jungle": this move may hit a falling opponent, no matter how it was knocked, even after a normal throw (if the throw make the opponent "fly" in the air) or a non-counter CD.
- Parry: this is not an attack, the character will just make a pose with some autoguard frames. Normally it may be cancelled it the autoguard is triggered. Like the other autoguard moves, you may use a parry against an unblockable attack (like Ralph's qcf qcf + P.)
- Dodge: this is not an attack, the character will just make a movement with some kind of invincibility.
- Teleport: this is not an attack, the character will just move fast along the screen. Normally it has some kind of invincibility.
- "Counter: XXX": the character will make a pose, and if opponent "hit" you with an attack that matches XXX, your character will do an attack in response.
The counter will trigger against unblockable moves, like Ralph' qcf qcf + P (as long as it matches XXX), but will never trigger against projectiles and throws (you will be hit, with big chances to be a counterhit). The triggered attack may be a throw (like Mary's qcb + B/D), in this case the opponent will always be hit if the attack is triggered. If the triggered attack is not a throw (like Billy's qcb + B/D) the attack may miss depending on opponent position, or even be blocked (if opponent recover fast).