Want to be an editor? Request an account by joining the SRK Wiki Discord and follow the instructions in #server-info
Killer Instinct is a 1994 fighting game developed by Rare and published by Nintendo.
- F - Forward - Tilt stick forward/towards the opponent. (X-axis)
- B - Backward/Back - Tilt stick backward/away from the opponent. (X-axis)
- U - Up - Tilt stick upwards. (Y-axis)
- D - Down - Tilt stick downwards. (Y-axis)
- QCF - Quarter circle forward/Hadouken/Fireball - Tilt stick downwards, then to downwards and forward, then forward.
- QCB - Quarter circle backward - Tilt stick downwards, then to downwards and backward, then backward.
- HCF - Half circle forward - Tilt stick backwards, then to downwards and backward, then to downward, then to downwards and forward, then forward.
- HCB - Half circle backward - Tilt stick forwards, then to downwards and forward, then to downward, then to downwards and backward, then backward.
- DP - Dragon punch - Tilt stick forwards, then to downward, then to downward and forward.
- 360/FC - Full circle - Complete a full rotation of the stick.
- 720 - N/A - Complete a 720 degree rotation of the stick.
- Charge - Hold a tilt - Hold the stick in either B or D (Depending) then move to F or U respectively.
X-axis functions can be used interchangeably with Y-axis functions and vice versa. X-axis functions cannot be used in conjunction with another X-axis function and vice versa.
In addition to the letter notation, an Unicode arrow notation will be used. The symbols →, ↓, ← will be employed assuming your character is facing right, which is the initial position for the first player when a round starts. Thus, → will denote towards, ↓ denotes down, ← means back and ↑ means up. Finally, the symbols ↙, ↘, ↗ and ↖ will denote the diagonals. Unless stated otherwise, the player on the player 2 side will just reverse the commands left to right for similar results.
Six Button Notation
- Quick Punch (QP) - same as jab or light punch in other games
- Medium punch (MP) - same as strong
- Fierce punch (FP) - same as hard punch
- P - any punch
- Quick Kick (QK) - same as short or light kick
- Medium Kick (MK) - same as forward
- Fierce Kick (FK) - same as roundhouse or hard kick
- K - any kick
Matches work similar as Darkstalkers games, where you're given stocks of life. When a life bar is depleted the battle stops briefly and the match resumes with the other player's bar keeps the same amount of damage taken. When 2 life bars are depleted the match ends.
Also called 'Top Attack' this move will hit an opponent even if he is blocking low. It can only be blocked standing.
- B. HP
The infamous C-C-C-COMBO BREAKER! This is what you will use to interrupt combos when you're hit by pressing a certain button as follows:
-Quick breaks Medium
-Medium breaks Fierce
-Fierce breaks Quick
After you break your opponent's combo, his character gets launched.
God Tier: Eyedol, Cinder
Top Tier: Glacius, Orchid
High Tier: Spinal, Riptor
Middle Tier: T.J. Combo, Fulgore
Low Tier: Sabrewulf, Jago
Bottom Tier: Thunder