Want to be an editor? Request an account by joining the SRK Wiki Discord and follow the instructions in #server-info
Pokken Tournament DX/Weavile
Weavile is a character that's all about speed and momentum. Having a dominant walk speed as well as mobility options both on the ground and in the air allows Weavile to approach and dance around the opponent with ease. Signature moves such as Agility giving projectile invincibility makes zoners re-evaluate their gameplan. And Icicle Crash which can be used for air stall, as an angled double jump, or something to chuck at the opponent while also creating space. Weavile's got a ton of counter pierces. Many leaving Weavile in an advantageous state when blocked, giving the character a solid oki game. Adding onto all of this with instances such as jab pressure and an active Burst Mode, Weavile really tests the opponent's defense.
In comparison though to those that have similar health, Weavile lacks long-ranged options. There's always Icicle Crash, but 9 chip damage won't be able to cut it. This forces Weavile to get up close to be able to deal relevant damage. This becomes more of problem when Weavile is faced against the bulkier side of the cast that can withstand multiple exchanges, and be able to balance it all out with one correct play. With the use of knockback and spacing, the opponent never has to worry about retaliation because of the short range Weavile's normals have.
To be able to excel with Weavile, one must fully commit to the tools the character has to offer. Hesitation leads to "Should've, Would've, Could've" thoughts. With the potential to option select counter attacks and Agility through Burst Attacks, Its alot about having confident play and keeping up with the pace Weavile brings.
- 540 HP
- 100 CC Synergy Gauge
- Burst Mode Duration: 12 Seconds
- Shield: Weak
- High Stance: Recharges shield health.
- Low Stance: Invincible against Highs on frame 1.
- DP Forward Dash: 13 Frames
- DP Back Dash: 21 Frames (Invincible from frame 1-8)
|Grab||FP 60 / DP 90||12||N/A||i11||FP Shift (+10) / DP Shift||N/A|
Field Phase: Swaps sides with the opponent while also increasing Support Gauge.
|X+A / [X+A] Counter Attack|
|Counter||90 / 120||3||M||i39 / i59||Launch||-4 / +8|
Weavile is put into a counter armor state from frame 1-32 (52 if charged).
Creates an ice pillar that is able to anti-air.
Is considered a projectile.
Weavile fastfalls to the ground.
Duel Phase Nosedive recovers faster than Field Phase Nosedive.
|L+R Sonic Slash|
A tornado with great vertical height.
Counter armor on frame 1, and becomes invincible on frame 9.
Reduces the opponent's Synergy Gauge on hit.
The hitbox increases in size horizontally over time.
Hitbox is no longer active when Weavile starts to descend.
Field Phase Moves
|Normal||10 each||Special Mid||i17||-10||-6|
Throws out three snowballs in a horizontal range.
Holding Y allows Weavile to move before throwing.
Movement is not affected by Speed buffs/debuffs.
Holding Y for the full duration launches seven snowballs.
Can cancel into fY.
Lays down three icicle traps on the ground.
Freezes the opponent if they come in contact.
Holding sY throws the traps further.
Can cancel into fY.
In Burst Mode, sY throws out five icicle traps.
|Normal||68||Mid Low||i19||Shift (+8)||-16|
Throws out a shadow projectile that follows up into a claw strike.
Similar to fY, but instead the shadow projectile and claw strike go upwards.
A reliable anti-air as it has High and Mid High invincible starting on frame 5.
Lobs a snowball projectile that explodes on contact with the ground, the opponent, or a projectile.
Can be angled to throw to the side.
In Burst Mode, three snowball projectiles will be thrown out.
|Normal||108||Mid High||i22||Shift (Knockdown)||-8|
Weavile homes in on the opponent by air-skating.
Can press X in the air to follow up immediately with the divekick portion.
|X Homing Attack 1|
Weavile homes in on the opponent and does three swipes.
Can be canceled with block or jump.
|XX/X[X] Homing Attack 2|
|Normal||60 / 90||Mid||i17||Shift (+8)||-8 / Guard Break|
Following up from Homing Attack 1, Weavile shoots Its claw upwards and catches jumps.
Can be charged to guard break/counter pierce.
If Homing Attack 1 was blocked, there is a 24 frame window to punish a charged Homing Attack 2.
A low claw swipe to the ground.
Only combos into 2YY from a critical hit.
|4Y / 5Y|
|Normal||10||0||Mid Low||i11 / i15||0 / +4||-4 / 0|
A quick claw jab that has two variations.
4Y comes out faster and throw crushes, but has more scaling.
5Y advances Weavile forward while being more advantageous on hit and block.
Special / 6X cancelable.
|4YY / 5YY|
|Normal||8 / 10||0||Mid||i11 / i15||0||-8|
Special / 6X cancelable.
|4YYY / 5YYY|
|Normal||14 / 18||0||Mid||i11 / i15||0||-8|
Special / 6X cancelable.
|4YYYY / 5YYYY|
|Normal||16 / 22||3||Mid Low||i11 / i15||0||-8|
* Can cancel both hits with Night Slash.
Weavile hops in the air with an upwards claw swipe.
Invincible against Highs and Mid Highs on frame 5.
Multihit aerial claw scratches.
Weavile slides on the ground, avoiding Highs and Mid Highs starting on frame 1.
* Becomes safe on block if done at a distance.
|5X / 5[X]|
|Normal||60 / 80||4||Mid Low, Mid||i19 / i35||+12 / Launch||-8|
Weavile crouches, then throws out a vertical claw attack that has two hits.
Invincible against Highs on frame 1.
Can be charged to counter pierce as well as launch.
Charging 5X also extends the High invincibility duration.
|6X / 6[X]|
|Normal||50 / 70||3||Mid Low||i23 / i39||Launch||-12 / +4|
Weavile advances forward with a blast of ice.
Can be charged to counter pierce as well as making it safer on block.
Weavile jumps forward and strikes with both claws.
Invincible against Lows on frame 1.
Inputting 7X decreases the distance of the jump.
Inputting 9X increases the distance of the jump.
A multihit drill-like divekick.
If blocked, Weavile bounces off the opponent's shield.
Can cancel into aerials afterwards.
|Counter||110 (30)||0||Mid Low||i35||Launch||+12|
Weavile goes into a counter armor state from frame 1-41.
Coming in contact with an opponent's attack causes Weavile to lunge backwards, prepping the attack portion of Taunt.
The opponent also receives a "Synergy Burst Weakened" debuff.
During this state, Weavile is invincible. The invincibility time can be extended by holding A.
Letting go of A makes Weavile do the attack portion of Taunt which counter pierces and reduces the opponent's Synergy Gauge on hit.
The attack is similar to Night Slash (launches forwards instead of backwards).
Can be canceled with R to immediately block.
|4A Night Slash|
|Normal||92 (25)||3||Mid Low||i35||Launch||-8|
Weavile lunges backwards, prepping the attack portion of Night Slash
Can hold A to stay in this backed position for a set amount of time.
Letting go of A makes Weavile do the attack portion of Night Slash.
Can be canceled with R.
Weavile dashes forward and becomes invincible against projectiles on frame 1.
|5AA Fury Swipes|
Weavile does a multitude of claw swipes.
5AA / 5AAA has two hits, while 5AAAA has one hit.
Can only be used from an Agility cancel.
Can cancel into 5AY Fake Out instead of going into another rep of Fury Swipes.
|5AAA Fury Swipes|
|5AAAA Fury Swipes|
|5AY / 5A[Y] Fake Out|
|Normal||20 (5) / 40 (10)||0||Special Mid||i23 / i33||+12 / Launch||+8|
Weavile does a lil' clap, which leads into either big hitstun or big blockstun.
Can only be used from an Agility cancel or Fury Swipes (5AA / 5AAA).
Able to charge Fake Out, allowing it to counter pierce.
|fA / 6A Knock Off|
|Normal||80 (20)||3||Mid High, Mid||i23||+4||-12|
A two-hit arcing claw strike that reduces the opponent's Synergy Gauge on hit.
Invincible against Lows on frame 1, and Mid Lows on frame 9.
Can be canceled with R.
|8A Ice Punch|
An uppercut motion that spawns an ice pillar.
The hitbox lingers, but disappears if Weavile is hit.
|8AA / 8A[A] Ice Punch: Follow-up|
|Normal||60 (15) / 120 (32)||2 / 12||Mid Low||i74 / i94||Knockdown / Shift||-8 / +8|
Weavile fires an advancing forward punch of ice.
Can be charged to counter pierce.
The charged version has five hits instead of one. Also has a larger hitbox.
|j.A Icicle Crash|
Weavile spawns an icicle to stand on in the air.
Can only be physically hit by the icicle once, afterwards opponent's can walk through it.
In Burst Mode, Icicle Crash can be used twice.
|j.AB Icicle Crash: Jump|
|Normal||30 (9)||1 per hit||Mid||i11||+23||-41|
Able to jump off of the Icicle in multiple directions.
1B = Backwards horizontally
3B = Forwards horizontally
4B = Backward diagonal
5B = Straight upward
6B = Forward diagonal
Able to cancel into any aerial move afterwards.
|j.AR Icicle Crash: Nosedive|
|Normal||104 (35)||3||Mid||i11||0||-8 / -22*|
Sends the icicle downwards, exploding in a radius.
Can change the trajectory of the landing.
* -22 against Aegislash, Decidueye, Gardevoir, and Suicune, -8 for everyone else.
|j.AY/X Icicle Crash: Signal Slash|
Charges the Support Gauge. Can be used a second time to gain half the charge of the first charge.
The icicle's hitbox disappears once the Y/X input is pressed.
Weavile lands on the ground once complete.
- sY > j.Y > fA (88 Damage)
- sY > j.Y > j.X (104 Damage)
- sY > j.Y > 5AAAA (122 Damage)
- fY > fA (68 Damage)
- fY > 5AAAY (62 Damage)
- fY > 5AAAA (94 Damage)
- bY > fA (70 Damage)
- bY > 5AAAA (88 Damage)
- j.Y > j.Y > j.Y > XX (172 Damage)
- j.Y > j.Y > j.Y > j.X (178 Damage)
- j.Y > j.Y > j.Y > j.X > j.A > bB (157 Damage)
- j.Y > j.Y > j.Y > 5AAAA (204 Damage)
- (Opponent near the wall) j.X > j.A > bB > j.X (168 Damage)
- (Burst Mode) j.X > j.A > bB > j.X > j.A > bB > j.X (240 Damage) Only works on:
Any character not listed requires a Speed buff.
- (Critical Hit) 2Y > 2YY > 5AAAA (138 Damage)
- (Critical Hit) 2Y > 2YY > 8A > 8AA (132 Damage)
- 4Y > 4YY > 4YYY > 4YYYX > 6A (86 Damage)
- 4Y > 4YY > 4YYX > 5AAAA (95 Damage)
- (Midscreen) 4Y > 4YY > 4YYX > 5AAAA > W! > 5Y > 5AAAA (169 Damage)
- 4Y > 4YY > 4YYX > 5A > L+R (121 Damage)
- (Critical Hit) 4Y > 6X > 5AAAA (131 Damage)
- (Critical Hit) 4Y > 6X > 6A (105 Damage)
- 5Y > 5YY > 5YYY > 5YYYX > 6A (118 Damage)
- 5Y > 5YY > 5YYX > 5AAAA (139 Damage)
- (Midscreen) 5Y > 5YY > 5YYX > 5AAAA > W! > 5Y > 5AAAA (247 Damage)
- 5Y > 5YY > 5YYX > 5A > L+R (167 Damage)
- (Critical Hit) 5Y > 6X > 5AAAA (173 Damage)
- (Critical Hit) 5Y > 6X > 6A (131 Damage)
- 8Y > j.A > 1B > 5AAAA (132 Damage)
- 8Y > j.A > 1B > j.R > j.A > 1B > j.R > 5AAAY > 8Y > j.AY/X x2 (122 Damage)
- 8Y > j.A > 1B (Delay) > j.R > 5YYY > 6A (112 Damage)
- 8Y > j.A > 1B > j.R > j.A > 1B > j.R > j.Y > 5Y > 5YY > 5YYY > 6A (136 Damage)
- 8Y > j.A > 1B > j.R > 5A > 8A > 8A[A] (154 Damage)
- (Burst Mode) 8Y > j.A > 1B > j.R > j.A > 1B > j.R > j.Y > 5Y > 5YY > 5YYY > L+R (178 Damage)
- (Corner) 8Y > W! > j.A > 3B > j.Y > j.A > 1B > j.R > 5[X] > 6A (228 Damage)
- (Corner) 8Y > W! > j.A > 1B > j.R > j.Y > W! > j.Y > 5AAAA (270 Damage)
- (In the corner) 8Y > j.A > 1B > j.R > 66 > 5AAAA > W! > 5Y > 5AAAA (240 Damage)
- 5X > 4A > 2X (150 Damage)
- 5X > 4A > 5Y > 5YY > 5YYY > 5YYYX > 6A (155 Damage)
- 5X > 5A > 8A > 8AA (156 Damage)
- 5X > 5AAAA (166 Damage)
- 5X > 5A > L+R (181 Damage)
- 5X > 4A > 5X > 4A (160 Damage) Only works on:
- 5[X] > 8A > 8A[A] (192 Damage)
- 5[X] > 5AAAA (170 Damage)
- 5[X] > 5AAAY > 5Y > 5YY > 5YYY > 6A (144 Damage)
- 5[X] > L+R (201 Damage)
- (Corner) 5[X] > W! > j.A > 1B > j.R > j.A > 1B > j.R > j.Y > 5Y > 6A (270 Damage)
- (Corner) 5[X] > W! > j.A > 1B > j.R > j.Y > W! > j.A > 1B > j.R > 5Y > 5AAAA (304 Damage)
6X / 6[X]
- 6X / 6[X] > 5AAAA (140 / 150 Damage)
- 6X / 6[X] > 5AAAA > W! > 5Y > 5AAAA (265 / 273 Damage)
- (Corner) 6X / 6[X] > W! > j.A > 1B > j.R > j.Y > W! > j.A > 1B > j.R > j.Y > W! > 5Y > 6A (256 / 266 Damage)
- (Corner) 6X / 6[X] > W! > j.A > 1B > j.R > j.A > 1B > j.R > j.Y > 5Y > 5AAAA (288 / 293 Damage)
- 6X / 6[X] > 5AAAY > 2X (112 / 122 Damage) Only works on:
- 2A > 5AAAA (168 Damage)
- 2A > 6A (150 Damage)
- (Corner) 2A > W! > j.A > 1B > j.R > j.A > 1B > j.R > 5[X] > 6A (279 Damage)
- (Corner) 2A > W! > j.A > 1B > j.R > j.Y > W! > j.A > 1B > j.R > 8A > 8A[A] (292 Damage)
- 4A > 5Y > 5YY > 5YYY > 5YYYX > 5AAAY > 5X > 5AAAA (153 Damage)
- 4A > 5X > 8A > 8A[A] (170 Damage) Only works on:
- (Corner) 8A > 8AA > W! > 5Y > 6A (199 Damage)
- (Corner) 8A > 8AA > W! > 6X > 6A (211 Damage)
- (Corner) 8A > 8AA > W! > 6X > L+R (258 Damage)
- (Corner) 8A > 8AA > W! > 6X > 5AAAA (273 Damage) Only works on:
- (Above the opponent) j.A > 5B > j.Y > 5Y > 5YY > 5YYX > 5AAAA (179 Damage)
- (Above the opponent) j.A > 5A > j.Y > 5Y > 5YY > 5YYY > 5YYYX > 6A (158 Damage)
- (Anti-Air) j.A > 1B > j.R > j.A > 1B > j.R > j.A > 1B > j.R > 5AAAA (203 Damage)
- (Anti-Air) j.A > 1B > j.R > j.A > 1B > j.R > j.A > 1B > j.R > 6A (153 Damage)
- (Anti-Air) j.A > 1B > j.R > j.A > 1B > j.R > j.A > 1B > j.R > L+R (236 Damage)
- Gibus (US): Twitter
- IDontEvenKnow (US): Twitter
- Mizumushi (JP)
- ToonSwablu (US): Twitter
- ToSaix (EU): Twitter
- UDL (US): Twitter