|Want to be an editor? Join the SRK Wiki Discord and read #server-and-wiki-info.|
Differences from MK3
- Ground Throw reduced damage,counts as part of a combo and activates Damage Protection
All of Sheeva's basic moves have reasonable range, but her surface area allows her to be hit by attacks in certain cases rather easily, defeating the purpose of her being tall, and lankier than most characters. Her standing HK is ideal anti air, and her RH is only good when a character is jumping from about half screen distance. Her RH also has considerable lag to it, like Sub-zero's. Her HPs hit normal hit, LPs hit a bit high. Her sweep is a bit short on range. Her jumping attacks are average, but again her large target makes her easily counterable. Her ducking LK is very quick, pointy, and has range, so use it to get out of run jabs. Her uppercut is pretty nice and meaty but watch for late JPs, she will get snuff everytime when going to counter with it.
- HP, HP, LP, F + HP (25%)
- HK, HK, LK, B + HK (27%)
- HP, HP, LP, HK, HK, LK, B + HK (42%)
- D, F, HP
- Her Fireball does decent damage for a standard projectile, and is a bit higher than normal, so you can try to use it to hit opponents at slightly different placement in the air, meaning you can do it sooner on a jump away and catch them before they land. You can add the fireball to juggle combos easily, and it's recovery time isn't as bad as some.
- D, U
- The Teleport Stomp is a tricky move to understand in terms of using it. Many people abuse it and you can avoid it simply by walking backwards, then punish Sheeva with a combo. Your best bet with this move is to use it when someone is locked in place by a move, like a standing HK rush down, teleport just before they do it, and you will connect the stomp. You also might want to try and use it to get out of the way of run jab rush down, if she is hit on the way up she can be juggled though (however limited generally) but she leaves the screen very quickly, and often times the upward movement makes the person react with a standing HK that will miss. If someone jumps away and is going to land at full screen distance, do her teleport stomp and it is almost impossible to miss it. If in the corner and run jabbing it is possible to throw in a teleport stomp. It's avoidable but try and time to counter a counter.
- B, D, B, HK
- The Ground Stomp is a nearly useless move, as there is no way to hit it on someone as long as they hold up back or forward except off an aaRH, which it can combo as 2 hits, but you have to be extremely on the ball with it. If you counter someone with an aaHPHP and stomp just as the right time, it will hit them on the way down, but it is again easily escable. If they only hold up, there is a chance it will connect, and chances are they didn't know they can't do that and will learn. Use this move has a wake up on occasion mixed up with teleport stomps, but you can't abuse either move at all in any way against someone with the least bit of skill and knowledge. You can try to mix this up with run jabs but it can get you into trouble. The only thing it will do is make the other person jump and there is a good change they will jump towards you and cross up with a jump punch starter. If you are successful with a stomp while run jabbing, stick in a HK as the might jump away the next time instead. After a regular RH, or moreso and aaRH, stick in the stomp as a wake up. If they jump forward Sheeva has a chance to counter, otherwise she's reasonably safe except against teleporters, who probably won't be jumping at you that much.
- F, D, D, F, LP (Next to)
- Sheeva pounds her victim into the ground with all 4 arms. Just leaving her victim's head exposed.
- Hold HK, F, B, F, F, Release HK (Next to)
- Sheeva strips her victims skin off of the body. Leaving a bloody body with no skin, and blood dripping down.
- F, F, D, F, Wait, HP (No Block in Winning Round) (Past Sweep)
- Sheeva turns around with her hands moving around. The she stops and you can see plates on sticks from her hands.
- RUN, BL, BL, BL, BL (Mercy First) (Sweep)
- Sheeva turns into a scorpion, and then stings her victim with her tail. After being stung the victim turns red and then explodes.
- D, D, D, B, HK (No Block in Winning Round) (Past Sweep)
- Hold RUN, Wait 1 Second, D, D, Release RUN (Round 3) (Past Sweep)
- D, F, D, F, LP (Next to)
Sheeva is a low tier character, hovering around the final shuffle of rank in the 20's of 23 playable characters in UMK3. This is more of a what not to do with Sheeva, than a "here's all the sectret tactics to win with Sheeva" guide. She has only 3 special moves, none of which have anything about them which is all that swift. She has no containment unless you count her throw as one since it allows free moves afterwards and is similar to Cyrax's yet unique in it's own way, then once again relimited by her as a character. She has a huge damage mid screen 42% autocombo, which is 51% with a JP starter, and that is one of her most useful assets. Her collision boxes are also a bit strange because she is bigger than the rest of the cast but she becomes more compact when in air. She is vulnerable to a lot of situations because of her collision area, like attacks that would normally miss. She gets stuck in her ducking frames while blocking if you are hit, which can be helpful so you can buffer certain tactics. If you continue to hold down while blocking she will stand up repeatedly while being run jabbed.
What you are going to try and do with her in terms of rush down is go for her 4 hit kick combo which catches people sleeping quite often, and look for other wake up opportunities with her special moves. Remember her throw allows a free standing HK afterwards, and in the corner some decent juggles are possible. Her normal juggling capability is extremely limited, perhaps the most limited in the game in terms of damage. The best midscreen punisher you can get with her on a Ninja Teleport Punch is aaHP,HP, aaHP, fireball, which is 4 hits 35% and that even requires you to run in a step before hand. She gets hammered on cross ups, so your best bet is to stay out of them. She is highly succeptable to relaunch combos, but she can often block them in situations when they would normally connect. The only combo you should go for off a JP or JK starter is her 7 hit combo for over 50%, but if you feel you must throw some spice into her game I will list a few alternate combos at the bottom. Something you can do with her launcher is do the pop up, then aaHPHP, cross up jump and as they land and attempt some rush down. What she boils down to is playing very basic, and very safe, watch for the smallest possible chances to take advantage of. If you practice with Sheeva, most of the other characters will seem a lot easier to use afterwards possibly make you a better player. Take note that Sheeva has quick recovery time when receiving attacks, you can immediately follow up and attack someone, as if she gets a head start. She can be hit but low projectiles, Jade's Dash kick, etc, while ducking very easily.
Sheeva has a launcher combo, however it takes an odd arch and therefore she cannot relaunch anyone.
1. Throw, HK, 2 hits 28%
2. aaHPHP, JK or fireball 3 hits 28%
3. aaHPHP, RH 3 hits 30%
4. punch starter, HP, HP, LP, F HP, aaHP, JK or fireball 7 hits 46%
5. (in corner) punch starter, HP, HP, LP, F HP, JK, aaHP, fireball 8 hits 54%
1. (for punishers) run step, aaHPHP, aaHP, JK or fireball 4 hits 35%
2. punch starter, HP, HP, LP, F HP, aaHPHP, JK 8 hits 49%
3. (in corner) punch starter, HP, HP, LP, F HP, aaHP, JK, JK, HK 9 hits 61% (you can add another aaHP for 10 hits 64% in the middle depending how far you are from the corner and what character it is against, and this makes the rest of the combo easier due to extra height to play around with, regardless a difficult show combo for a worthless character)
Corner Throw Juggles:
1. Throw, ducking LP, uppercut, 3 hits 33%
2. Throw, ducking LP, aaHP, fireball 4 hits 33%
3. Throw, ducking LP, JK, aaHK 4 hits 37%
4. Throw, ducking LP, RH, HK 4 hits 38% (on Robots and Sheeva)
5. Throw, ducking LP, JK, aaLP, fireball, 5 hits 40%